Facebook Like button

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Pizza Friday's January 14, 2011


Place: Giovanni's NYC Restaurant
Location: 579 Grand Concourse


Oooooo Pizza, how do I love thee!!!!! Let me count the ways! 1 slice with pepperoni! 2 slices with mushrooms! 3 slices with extra cheese! and 4 slices with bacon and tomatoes!!!! Pizza, you complete me..... And Giovanni's pizza, you are almost perfection at its finest. 


This Friday I was in the fortunate situation to be near Giovanni's as I headed to watch a basketball game. Knowing it was Pizza Friday's and my hunger from not eating  all day, I decided to chow down on a couple of slices from Gio's...... I give this place a lot of respect. They never serve you a slice that has not been heated up properly.... I have had some cold, soggy, doughy pizza in my life..... Giovanni's serves up a crispy garlic crust.... The crust may be crispy, but inside is softly baked pizza dough which actually invites you to eat the whole slice  instead of leaving it for scraps inside the box....


The mozzarella cheese melts beautifully into a white topping. With a sweet taste, the gooey cheese wants to slide right off the pizza and fighting to keep it on is a great adventure. The tomato pizza sauce is a small disappointment. It was a bit bland in taste and even the pleasant taste of the cheese could not mask that fact. With a great combination of cheese and crust, the sauce left me wanting a little more.... But all in all Gio's serves up a pretty decent slice and I would definitely recommend stopping by if you're in the area and looking for something to eat..... 


Rating: 5 out of 8 slices



2 comments:

  1. Funny, I've never had the Pizza there. Maybe I should try that next time, 'cause I'm not a fan of their burger and fries anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Didn't know you did a food blog, props!
    I clicked and saw a slice of NY pizza ... drool..
    but I had a good amount in Ithaca over the summer.
    Wasn't the same as the city, but still .. cool site :)

    ReplyDelete