Facebook Like button

Sunday, January 2, 2011

A Crustaceous Quesadilla



Place: Land & Sea Restaurant
Located: 5535 Broadway  Bronx, NY

Late night food is what I am about!!!!!!!! Don't know where I got the habit from, but I tell ya, if it's late and I am hungry, you can believe I am hunting down some grub....... Well, that is exactly what happened during the early morning of January 2nd, 2011..... After catching a movie with some friends (Lil Fockers, it was eh) we decided to get something to eat... Now after being shut out of a few places up in the Washington Heights area, (We forgot all Dominican restaurants turn into clubs past midnight) We drove down to a diner local to one of my friends. Usually when it comes to diners, I order my regular: Mozzarella Sticks to start and a cheeseburger with a side of fries....  For some reason though, that night, I went a different route. I ordered something that I have not eaten in quite a while..... The Quesadilla... Now, usually when looking through the menu and finding the quesadilla, your options are either a "'Cheese Quesadilla" or you can add chicken for an additional amount....

Land and Sea you gave me a great surprise option.... Shrimp.... I am a shrimp fanatic and if everything in life came with shrimp, well,  I would be alright with that. The quesadilla consisted of a 12" flour tortilla grilled with a combo Cheddar/Monterey Jack cheese and shrimp a size or two larger than salad shrimp (salad shrimp is about a quarter of an inch in diameter). Served with Sour Cream, Salsa and guacamole, I thought I was in for a flavor bonanza..... Sadly, the salsa and guacamole had no taste, only texture.... The sour cream tasted like an extra cheap no frills version of itself. The quesadilla, though cooked perfectly, also lacked taste. The shrimp were probably sauteed in oil and no seasoning. Even though the shrimp had a nice snap to it, it was bland and best.... Salt and pepper does wonders people!!!

Suffice it to say, yes, we ate our food, but, it left me with a bad (or perhaps, none at all) taste in my mouth. Washing it down with my unsweetened tea was all I could do for a little "Sabor". So, unless you'r'e completely hammered, avoid the Shrimp Quesadilla at the Land & Sea restaurant...... I definitely think they need to stick to the "Land" part..... Rating: 3 out of 8 slices

 Happy grubbing everyone!


 ***Disclaimer: All opinions presented in this article are solely those of its creator. Opinions are based solely on the experience presented on the given day and are not for use of public record or fact. Please take opinion solely as such and not as valid information***

No comments:

Post a Comment