Facebook Like button

Friday, January 7, 2011

Pizza Friday's January 7, 2011

Place: Giovanni's Big Pizza
Located:  839 Prospect Ave


Pizza has to go down as one of my top 5 favorite foods to eat. The taste of real melted mozzarella combining with the sweet tomato is soooo good. And serve this on a garlic crust so crispy that it almost falls apart as you fold it and all one can do is praise our Mediterranean friends for creating this master piece! Like a culinary Michaelangelo..... So every Friday I am going to find a new place here in the Bronx and see if their pizza has what it takes to be considered Italy's finest import (right next to Elisabetta Canalis of course)


Today I am keeping my review local to my neighborhood. Now, I know the South Bronx is not known for it's pizza, but there are actually quite a few places to find an extraordinary slice if you're willing to walk a few blocks. Today, after an extremely looooong day at work, I stopped by the pizzeria underneath the Prospect Ave train station and grabbed what would be the only thing I would eat for most of the day. Next time, I will just go hungry....


The after putting my slice in the oven for what seems like three minutes at the most, I was served this cold stale pizza that was possibly sitting on the counter for at least 20 minutes. I know pizzerias pump out slices like its their business, but at least heat it up longer than a commercial break. The crust, although fully cooked, was soggy and my pizza for some reason, was spicy..... Not the sweet cheesy flavor one would expect from God''s gift to man kind..... I battled through bite after bite trying to give this pizza a fair shot. But in the end, futility and the pizza's aftertaste gave way for a victory.... I threw my slice away and ordered some shrimp and broccoli from the Chinese place..... I was really hoping for a good slice...... *Sigh*..... 


So, Giovanni's Big Pizza.....You're a big disappointment!
Rating: 2 out of 8 Slices





Happy grubbing everyone!

***Disclaimer: All opinions presented in this article are solely those of its creator. Opinions are based solely on the experience presented on the given day and are not for use of public record or fact. Please take opinion solely as such and not as valid information***

No comments:

Post a Comment